The Church of St. Nicholas has three telling features that distinguish it from other wooden churches in the district center. First, in this case, one does not have to walk upward to the church, but instead downward. Secondly, on the upper tier of the Babinets it is impossible not to notice the empora, which is now covered with glass. And thirdly, if you are careful, the tops above the nave and altar are covered with octagonal hipped roofs (not tetrahedral, as in others ). The church stands in a valley, on the bank of a stream, near a cemetery.
When moving along the road towards the village Vovche, it is important not to miss the left turn down to the stream. It was built in 1739 (not in 1700, as the security plaque on the wall shows) by the master Daniel Prokopiy on the place of the old one. It is a three-log, three-tiered building of the boykovsky type, built of spruce wood. Above the narthex there is a bell tower. The church is girdled by a curtain wall, which near the narthex passes to pillars with underpinnings. The walls of the building are upholstered with vertical boards and platbands. The church was closed for services from 1960 to 1989. After restoration in 1971 it was used as a local history museum. Like the Lower Church, there are graves and tall trees around it.